Realizing that TOTEM needs strong support from the LGBT community as audience members to create successful shows throughout its tour, a partnership must be built with the local LGBT community to help boost ticket sales.
Working alongside internal and external PR firms, the BKM team seamlessly integrated marketing concepts through a promotions campaign designed to target a specific market through media outreach, online support, and key events within the community.
With a solid focus on relationship building within the LGBT community, the BKM team created cross-platform campaigns to bring Cirque du Soleil brand awareness, specifically the TOTEM tour, to a mass audience.
- Created a series of live events at various nightlife venues throughout the city with a TOTEM performer in attendance. Venues and events honed in on key LGBT spots and tastemakers.
- October 12: Closing events for Out On Film at W Hotel Midtown 500+ attendees (tickets only).
- October 14: Gay Pride and The Livingston Pride Party, the infamous event on the parade route.
- October 27: Halloween event at Jungle nightclub, featuring a Cirque performer for the annual party
- December 2: Grand Finale event and VIP package giveaway at Toy Party, the largest Atlanta LGBT event of the year held at America’s Mart. Premium exposure opportunity with 5K attendees and mass media promotion.
- Executed a highly effective LGBT media outreach and solidified partnerships via advertising, promotions, and other media support within print and online publications including Fenuxe Magazine, David Magazine, Georgia Voice, and Project Q.
- Offered continuous online support with promotions throughout bars, restaurants, nightclubs, and events through ticket giveaways. Venues included Blake’s on the Park, Burkhart’s, Joe’s on Juniper.
- Created a series of promotions to garner ticket sales through dedicated monthly e-blasts to BKM 25K+ database, which included prominent Atlanta influencers.
- Lead a strategic social media campaign to engage the local community in conversation, working in tandem with Cirque corporate to ensure the messaging stayed on brand.